You're going to love this springtime version of the classic minestrone with healthy greens and the added benefits of collagen!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium leeks, white and pale-green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or water
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 scoops Great Lakes Wellness Unflavored Collagen
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed, sliced in half crosswise
- ½ bunch small Tuscan kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves torn
- 1 14.5-ounce can cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Thinly shaved Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes (for serving)
- Crusty bread
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook onions, leeks, and celery, stirring often, until soft but not browned, 6–8 minutes. Season with salt. Add thyme, bay leaf, and cook until herbs are fragrant. Add stock and collagen powder and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add sugar snap peas; cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add kale, beans, and peas and cook until kale is wilted and peas are tender, about 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.
Serve soup, topped with some Parmesan and red pepper flakes and a side of crusty bread.