Ahh, the holidays are here, and for some, it’s the most wonderful time of the year, but for others, it can also be the most stressful time of the year. Whether or not you are hosting or attending holiday parties, you know how busy it can get — especially if you’re also trying to fit in some time for shopping, baking, decorating, and wrapping gifts.
This holiday season, try not to forget about yourself! Give yourself the gift of some quality ME time to help you relax and recharge...it’s been a long year, and you deserve it!
So what exactly is “ME time,” you ask? That’s the great thing about it — you get to decide! There is no right or wrong way to take some time for yourself. In fact, what some may find as quality time spent alone, others may not (and vice versa.)
Reasons Why Me Time is Important
Listen, life can be very demanding, and perhaps you have never taken some time for yourself because there just isn’t enough time in the day. Well, we have a life-changing solution for you...pencil yourself in. Seriously! If you use a calendar or planner for every little thing that you do, then include “me time” while you are budgeting your time.
If you still need further convincing, here are a few reasons why:
It helps you to recharge
It’s good for you and your family
Can help improve focus and productivity
It can help with your diet
You might discover new things about yourself
Some “Me Time” Ideas
As we said before, “me time” will be different for everyone, but if you need some ideas to get you started, we've got you covered!
- Take a walk and listen to your favorite podcast
- Finish reading that book you started on your last vacation
- Take yourself to dinner at your favorite restaurant
- See a movie and indulge
- Try baking or cooking a new dish (bonus points for cooking with Gelatin or Collagen. (You’d be surprised at how many recipes you can make with the two)
- Unwind with a warm bath and a glass of your favorite wine
- Rewatch your favorite rom-com
- Go to a yoga class or a meditation class
- Go on a hike and take in the beauty around you
When it comes to “me time,” you can choose to go as big or small as you’d like… the important thing is that you just do it. If you start to feel the stress of the holidays, then remember to take a deep breath and schedule some time for yourself to feel recharged, renewed, and revitalized!
Happy Holidays, all!