Winter is here, and for a lot of us that means cold, dry weather and the harsh effects that it may have on your skin. The good news is that there are plenty of ways to keep your glowing skin and alleviate or even prevent winter dryness…you just have to show your skin a bit more love this time of year!
So, as we enjoy the rest of the season, let’s combat the elements together and say goodbye to dry and dull winter skin!
Winter Skincare Tips
When it comes to your winter skincare routine, moisture is everything. But there are a few other things you can do to make sure that your skin is in top shape. Here are some tips that can help you keep your skin feeling hydrated this winter:
- Retain your skin’s natural moisture. There are few things better than a nice hot shower on a cold day. The steam from the water makes your hot shower seem like a sauna…relaxing your body and soothing your muscles. However, longer showers with hot water can contribute to winter dryness by stripping your skin of its natural oils, resulting in dry, itchy skin. So, shorten that shower and follow up with a moisturizing lotion while your skin is still damp.
- Moisturize. This goes without saying but using a nourishing and hydrating moisturizer this time of year can make all the difference. You might get the best relief from dry skin with an oil-based moisturizer. There are also plenty of products available that can help nourish and moisturize particularly dry areas like feet, elbows, hands, and knees. Another way to keep your skin hydrated this winter is to use a rich moisturizing night cream or hydrating face masks a few times a week.
- Swap Body Wash / Face Wash. During the winter months, you should consider swapping your usual cleansers with moisturizing cleansers that hydrate.
- Consider A Humidifier. Adding a humidifier to your home can offset the effects of your heater. The moisture in the air could help to keep skin hydrated.
- Hydrate. Hot cocoa, tea and flavored coffee make the coldest days better! But don’t forget to hydrate by drinking plenty of water.
- Collagen Peptides Daily Beauty Supplement. Collagen can have amazing benefits for your skin, so make it a part of your daily routine. A great supplement with ingredients for glowing skin is our new Daily Beauty Collagen Peptides. It contains clinically researched Verisol® collagen to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, plus beauty boosters hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, and biotin. Adding this supplement to your skincare routine might just be the key component to keeping your skin lookin’ healthy this winter!
We love winter but we also know the toll it can take on your skin. So, remember to stay hydrated and moisturize! Bookmark this page to keep these winter skincare tips handy…your skin will thank you!