Taste of Summer, Our Flavored Collagen Favorites
There is something about warm days and sunshine that make our taste buds crave fruity and refreshing flavors. Maybe it’s because of the vibrant colors or maybe it’s the way these flavors have always paired so well with summer since we were kids. So how can we turn these delicious flavor memories into something good and tasty for us as adults? Easy, we can start by incorporating flavored collagen into our favorite summer treats and snacks.
Lemon + Lime Collagen Hydrolysate
The first one comes as no surprise: Lemon + Lime Collagen Hydrolysate. If this flavor doesn’t scream summer, I don’t know what does. The refreshing taste of lemon and lime makes this flavored collagen perfect for summer treats and summer beverages. One of the best ways to enjoy this summer flavor is by adding a serving to a glass of ice water and garnish with sliced lemons...boom, a delicious version of lemonade with added collagen benefits.
If you have a little more time on your hands and want to experiment with other recipes using this flavor, try making these delicious and refreshing summer popsicles:
Lemon Lime Collagen Popsicles :
- 2 scoops of Great Lakes Lemon-Lime Collagen
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix collagen, lemon juice, water and honey together until collagen dissolves.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours (overnight for best results) and enjoy!
Black Cherry Collagen Endurance Plus
I am not one to choose favorites but this is one of my favorite summer flavors! Not only is the Black Cherry Collagen Endurance Plus delicious and versatile, but it was designed to provide an instant energy boost that can be used as a pre-or post-workout supplement. Even if you don’t work out, you can still enjoy the taste and goodness that comes along with this perfect summer flavor. Every serving provides you with our premium Collagen Hydrolysate, Vitamin C, and B vitamins. Flavors, colors, sweeteners, and caffeine are all botanically sourced, so you can feel good about including them in your daily routine. Check out this delicious summer smoothie:
Tropical Smoothie for Endurance
- Cherry Smoothie1 1/2 cups frozen cherries
- 4 Tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Endurance Plus Black Cherry Flavor
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- Mango Banana Smoothie1 cup pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Mango chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 banana
- 1 orange peeled
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients for the cherry smoothie layer until smooth. Pour that into a glass jar and store it in the fridge while you prepare the second layer.
- For the Mango Layer: Blend all ingredients in a high spend blender until smooth.
- Assemble the smoothie.
- Pour the thick cherry layer to fill out half your glass.
- Use a ladle and gradually add a ladle full of the mango smoothie one at a time over the cherry smoothie layer to fill the cup.
- You’ll see the layers slowly disintegrate and swirl into a beautiful blend of both layers.
- Serve and enjoy right away!
- To freeze the smoothie, it’s best to freeze each layer separately in an ice cube tray.
- Defrost and blend them together for the smoothie or enjoy them frozen for a quick treat!
Mixed Berry Collagen Hydrolysate
Ahh, nothing like the taste of berries on a hot summer day. This refreshing and delicious summer flavor can and should be enjoyed all throughout the year but it is especially satisfying when used in summer drinks and treats! This flavor still delivers all of the goodness and nutrients that our Collagen Hydrolysate does but offers a burst of berry flavor so you can get creative with how you use it. The options are endless but one of the best ways to enjoy this delicious summer flavor is to add it to any beverage like lemonade or even a blended marg! But if are in need of a sweet treat on a summer day, try this delicious smoothie recipe:
Mixed Berry Smoothie:
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- (You can also use 1 ½ cups of a mix of purchased frozen berries)
- ½ banana
- ¾ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops Mixed Berry flavored Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen
- Put fruit in a freezer bag and freeze overnight. You can also store in the freezer for up to 8 months. Another option is to buy an already prepared mix of frozen berries.
- In a blender put milk, Greek yogurt, Mixed Berry flavored Collagen, banana, and frozen fruit.
- Mix until smooth consistency.
Unflavored Collagen Hydrolysate
I know what you are thinking, how is unflavored collagen considered a summer flavor? And my question to you is how isn’t it a summer flavor?! The options are endless for you to get creative with as many flavors as you possibly can. Want to make watermelon sorbet? Or what about fruit slushie? No problem! The best thing about our unflavored collagen peptides lies in the versatility and benefits that this supplement has to offer.
Be sure to check out our recipe page to check out ALL of the creative and delicious summer treats that you can make!
Now that we have run down our favorite summer flavors or collagen and shared some recipes, I’m curious as to what your favorite summer flavor is and why. Does it remind you of tropical vacations or maybe family barbeques? Either way, I think it’s safe to say good memories and happy moments are the main ingredients in any summer flavor...that’s why they taste so darn good! So grab a cold beverage and let’s cheers to the tastes of summer and the good times that come with it.
Disclaimer: The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical conditions. Nor is it intended to replace the advice or diagnosis of a medical professional. Individual results may vary.